Vacation rental property is a great asset if you can maximize its potential to the top. Surely, there are many competitions amongst vacation rental property owners. However, you can upgrade your and make it stands out. Owning vacation rental property is a great investment because you can even use it for personal use such as when you need great place to stay for your family in vacation. Vacation rental property is now more preferred by most of travelers. They choose property to rent based on their interest and needs. That is why it can be challenging to upgrade your property to meet everyone’s expectation. However, it is not impossible for you to get great achievement from your upgrading plan.
What kind of upgrade you can do to your vacation rental property?
There are many things to upgrade in order to attract more guests. However, you can stay on your budget as well. You don’t need to go all out in upgrading. Going for the basic maintenance is great to. Here are upgrades you may consider doing t your vacation rental property:
- Appeal first impression of guest right from the start by upgrading the curb. You can just fix basic things such as pull the weeds, replace dead plants with the fresh ones, repaint the front door and window trims, etc. Those are basic things yet can make significant changes to the impression.
- If your budget doesn’t allow you to go for luxury amenities then you can go for fun amenities such as providing them beach toys, bikes, snowboards, extra logs, etc. You can also provide them maps and guide about the locals so they have recommendation about near restaurants, cafe, tourist attractions, etc.
- Make sure you upgrade the cleanliness of your vacation rental property. No matter how appealing your property from the outside, guests won’t think twice to look for another place if the inside of your property is far from clean. To make sure that the cleanliness of your property is at 100% satisfying, you may need to hire professional cleaning agent.
- Upgrade the kitchen so it will be more functioning. It is true that most guests spend their vacation time outdoors. However, there are times when guests prefer to stay for days. Thus, it is great idea to upgrade your kitchen. You can stock it with necessities that the guests will need such as plates, bowls, cutlery, scissors, etc. This is uncommon for rental property to provide complete kitchenware but if you want to go extra then go for it.
- Upgrade the security of your vacation rental property by installing smart home technology. For example, you can upgrade the front doors with a typed code instead of keys. This is not only beneficial for the guests but also for you as the owner because you don’t need to worry about losing keys. This is only one example of upgrading security system. You can go extra by installing CCTV if you can afford it. Thus, you can monitor their safety as well.